In this episode, Kevin Bupp sits down with self-storage expert Scott Krone. With a solid background in architecture, Scott co-founded Coda Management Group, an international award-winning design firm which specializes in sustainable building practices.
Kevin and Scott dive into self-storage real estate, which has been Scott’s more prominent venture. Scott shares a lot of valuable information about the factors and challenges concerning self-storage and how to identify building candidates for potential adaptive reuse. He also explains other aspects of the market such as financing and some market strategies.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- 5:55 Scott’s background in architecture and his first foray into self-storage
- 12:46 Scott talks about their business model and demographics to look out for
- 17:40 Other factors and challenges in converting buildings to self-storage
- 21:30 What is PACE financing?
- 24:02 More common forms of adaptive reuse of buildings
- 30:07 Scott shares his longterm strategy
Listen to the full interview and read the complete show notes here!